When owning firearms in any state, it’s important to know firearms laws and regulations for that particular state. We’ve got the information for Arkansas below.
Arkansas does NOT:
- Conduct its own background checks for firearm sales, but instead relies on the FBI;
- Require a background check prior to the transfer of a firearm between private parties;
- Prohibit the transfer or possession of assault weapons, 50 caliber rifles or large capacity ammunition magazines;
- License firearm owners;
- Require the registration of firearms;
- Limit the number of firearms that may be purchased at one time;
- Impose a waiting period on firearm purchases;
- Regulate unsafe handguns;
- Require firearm owners to report lost or stolen firearms to law enforcement;
- or Significantly regulate ammunition sales.
Local governments in Arkansas generally lack authority to regulate firearms or ammunition, and the state requires local law enforcement to issue a concealed handgun license to any applicant who meets certain basic qualifications.
At McChain, Miller, Nissman, we can help you protect your firearms while keeping all of the above items in mind. Give us a call at 501-221-7776 to set up your Gun Trust today.